An Introduction to Radically Open DBT (RO-DBT) Workshop
Attend this workshop to begin your understanding and application of this newly offered treatment model!
Presenter: Kristen Fritsinger, MSW, LICSW – Intensive RO-DBT Trainer and Supervisor
Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) is a treatment for patients who suffer from emotional and behavioral over-control. Some clients lack emotional control and need interventions designed to enhance emotional and behavioral control; others, for whom RO DBT is designed, require interventions designed to relax rigid or inflexible control. RO DBT has been researched over the past 20 years for patients with chronic depression or anorexia nervosa. Research results suggest that it is effective in these, and other, hard-to-treat groups such as Autism Spectrum Disorders and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder.
- Explain a new biosocial theory for Over-Control
- Describe the RO-DBT treatment structure
- Describe new RO-DBT treatment strategies designed to enhance willingness for self-inquiry and flexible responding
- Describe the RO-DBT treatment hierarchy
- Describe a novel treatment mechanism positing open expression = trust = social connectedness
- List examples of strategies designed to improve pro-social cooperative signaling via activation of the parasympathetic nervous system’s social-safety system
Next Workshop: March 5, 2021
RO-DBT Registration: 8:00 AM
RO-DBT Workshop: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (central time zone)
This training will be live online through Zoom and will be identical, in content, to our previous in-person workshops.
Send in registration form along with payment. Credit Cards are now accepted through PayPal. Cancellations received at least 10 days prior to workshop will receive a full refund if paid by check. Credit Card payments will be refunded after 5% processing fee. Cancellations received after that date will be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee. Students receive a $25.00 discount with student ID.
CE Hours: 6.5
Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of this workshop. The Board of Psychology has pre-approved this workshop for 6.5 contact hours.
Workshop Location: on-line